Saturday, October 14, 2006

Of Reptiles and Kids

I know, I know, I am horrible. I haven't been on here in over a month. The last post was just before I started back to school, and...well I am back at school. I do have a nice class this year, but I have been working constantly to keep caught up with them. Who am I kidding, I am never caught up with them. The year is going well so far, not to forget the round of chicken pox we are going through. Here is where the reptile comes in...

One of my student's twin brother was home wtih the chicken pox, but still managed to find time to put a dead snake in his brother's backpack to bring to school. He enjoyed playing with it out front, until another teacher put a stop to that.

That same day around 11:00, one of my student's came to me asking if she could bring her frog to school. I said sure just make sure it doesn't come on the bus and a parent brings it in. I got a funny look from her as she walked off. About five minutes later this same girl comes up to ask me again if she can bring her frog in. I reminded her that I said she could sometime. She then said, "No, now". (Long sigh....) I asked her if she had the frog at school already and where it was. She proceeded to let me know it was in her backpack. Mind you it was 11:00 (kids get there at 8:30). So we had a frog guest for the day. I am sure he liked the atmosphere of the room much better than the backpack. (At least she had it in a container).

On the home front, my brother and his family have a new puppy. She is a 3 month old beagle named "Lucy". Myra (my puppy) absolutely loves her. Here are a couple of shots of the new little one...

In knitting land, nothing has been accomplished. I am working on a shortened version of these fingerless mitts. I think they are cool, but I am going to make them much shorter in the arms. I want them to fit just inside the sleeve of my jacket. Plus, I don't have the patience to knit that log a sleeve if it isn't attached to a sweater!

As far as my foot, it is still a work in progress. It looks soooo good. I now officially have two different feet though. The other one, I shall fix soon enough I'm sure. I am not sure when I will be allowed to go back to dancing. Our team had a competition today as a matter of fact. I haven't heard yet how they did. I'm sure KGF will post on her site soon, as she was one of the competitors. I still have a brace on my foot, but I am in shoes which is nice. I go back to the Dr. mid-November to see what happens next.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am sorry for not having kept up and posting sooner. I'm sure you all understand how busy things can be sometimes. I will try to be a better blogger :).


4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Thea said...

We got 14 medals for dancing. I don't know how the singing went. 8 of those medals were 1sts.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Glad to hear your foot is getting better. I sure hope you can dance soon. I wonder if the frog made it home alright . . .

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger smug sheep said...

good to have you back! The frog story is funny, but I couldn't have coped with the dead snake!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger lauriec said...

The dogs are adorable!!! I'm glad to see you blogging again & am sending you vibes to dance again very soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home