Thursday, August 17, 2006

For the Love of PT

So I started PT (physical therapy) on Monday. Three therapy sessions later and I still cannot get the wobbly board to touch the ground. I can however make the letters of the alphabet with my foot, and pick up marbles with my toes. I did so well with the yellow bands (the easiest) today, that I may get to progress to the green ones next week. Oh boy!!!! (sigh) They keep telling me "it will come, you will see, you will be moving it in no time". Can they really work those miracles in 2 more weeks? I hope so. I have to say that it is a frustrating feeling to not be able to get something to work. My brain tells my foot to do it, my foot knows it is supposed to do it, and bless it I think it is trying it's hardest. I shall plug on, and perhaps I will be on the blue bands by the end of next week :).

3 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger barbp said...

PT ah yes the joys of pain. Stick with it and you'll do great. I can only imagine that you must be itching to start dancing again. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Allison said...

Hang in there - it will come. Sometimes it takes awhile but it will keep improving even when you think that so much time has past it is probably not going to get any better. When I shattered my heel even 2 years later things were still getting better. I remember that darn wobbly board. Hang in there and stick with it! Take care.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Thea said...

How is the PT going? Any progress, knitting updates, etc?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home