Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July to everyone! We were going to have a cook-out today, so my BF went and bought a grill. 3 people and 1 hour later we had the grill assembled and I had cooked our BBQ chicken and hotdogs inside on the Foreman Grill.

I did treat myself to my July Stashalong day off. Here are the purchases:
*Some yummy Sockotta yarn color #0015 Teal/Blue/Red
*Svale yarn in Tea Rose that was on sale



And here is what I plan to do with my Svale yarn:

It came from the book Vintage Knits that I got from the library. I may have to search ebay for this one.

This last picture is from the metro park behind our house. I went for a walk there today and got some lovely photographs.

I have some other project ideas and am still welcoming any suggestions anyone has for movies, books, or knitting books that are good for while I am recovering from surgery (see post below).

I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday weekend!

3 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Thea said...

I am back from the woods and dried out. I have not finished the Icarus shawl yet, but hope to before friday. My sister says I have to wait for her to come home from work on friday before casting on for the mystery stole.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger barbp said...

You know how I love Sockotta! Have fun. That other yarn looks yummy. The picture of the park looks so inviting.

I don't know what you like to read but an author that I really enjoy is Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum series to be exact her earlier stuff is a little too romance for me. The series I like is the One for the Money, Three to Get Deadly, etc. They are even funnier on tape. When's surgery scheduled?

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that yarn will be perfect for the cami! Nice choice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home