Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sock down, Swatch Complete

Well, here it is...my first sock!

I am definitely hooked! To be able to produce something wearable in just a few days. I actually finished this yesterday. I cast the other sock on today. I haven't hit that "second sock syndrome" that I hear about. KGF did a great job teaching me how to do this. It helps to see it in person, but the pics on her website are really useful too. I recommend checking them out if you are a sock knitter.

Here now are some pictures of my first ever attempt at lace knitting. It is the swatch for MS2. I am really excited to get the first part of the pattern, but I have to wait until July 7. I actually had to wait to cast on my socks because I used my sock needles to block the piece. I just let it soak in water for half and hour and then put it on the sock needles and pinned it down. Voila, swatch done!

In the Irish Dance world, we had a competition again today. Unfortunately I couldn't be there due to injury, but the rest of the team did awesome!!! Our medal count is now at 39 for dancing plus 4 for singing for a total of 43!!! That is between 5 of us and 3 feiseanna (competitions). Congrats to the dancers for today!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Uneeknitter said...

Woohoo on your sock! I love that feeling of getting something done. And with socks it is like a bonus because you have to do two! Ok...so maybe I am exagerating, but you get the point.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger barbp said...

I love that colorway I'm going to have to find some of that. Found the colorway number for mine it's 16, but it's not listed at Herschnerrs or Plymouth web site. Hmmmm.

Beautiful job on the swatch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home