Friday, June 09, 2006

Pulled outta that funk!

I finally pulled out of the knitting funk I was in. I decided to cast on the Irish Walking Scarf, and I am still working on my own pattern of legwarmers for dance. I have some pictures to show the progress I have made. For the scarf I couldn't pick the picture I wanted to use so I am going to show them both :).

First here is a good picture of the cable pattern. I think it is rather pretty.


Next is a picture that shows the color better. It is a really pretty pink. I am using baby alpaca yarn for the scarf, which is the softest stuff I have ever worked with.

Here is a shot of the legwarmers. I noticed at the feiseanna that many of the dancers were wearing them. I figured hey, rather than pay for them, I'll use up some of that stash yarn. I am using some Lion Brand WoolEase. I'll post the pattern for them as soon as I am finished.

I used a simple twist cable pattern that doesn't show up very well, but I'll post a better picture later.

I have decided to join the Mystery Stole 2, which KGF found the information on. We thought it would be a fun project to work through together, and as she is very good at knitting lace, I shall learn from the best. She is also going to teach me how to do some socks, so I need to use my stashalong day off and go to my LYS and get the right needles and sock yarn. Other than that I have been busy cleaning the house and trying to get our hot tub fixed for summer use. Summer is such a nice bonus of being a teacher.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger smug sheep said...

Love the hiking scarf; I've got some blue yarn I'm saving for this pattern, but it's too hot to work on until the autumn. The pattern shows up really well in your yarn. MS2 looks interesting, look forward to seeing your progress. Are you done with school now? More knitting time ? And designing - love to see you do more of that.

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Thea said...

How tall are the leg warmers? Do you want to go yarn shopping this weekend? I noticed you have a counter for how long since you bought yarn, how high do you plan to go between purchases?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home