Monday, June 19, 2006

A New Addiction

This weekend, I had earned a day off for good behavior through the Stashalong. I went shopping with KGF and we had a really good time. She took me to some really cool yarn shops. I purchased Misty Alpaca lace for the Mystery Stole 2, and some Sockotta for my first pair of socks. Then she helped introduce me to the world of sock knitting and I'm hooked! They go so much quicker than I thought and I love the short row shaping method used. Here is a picture of my work so far...

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Thea said...

I like the stripe pattern that is formimg. I used blocking wires to block my swatch, I forgot to show them to you. You got further on your sock than I did. I did spend time working on the Icarus shawl instead.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger barbp said...

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some extra info on the purse pattern. I'm really excited about it.

I love that color way of Socketta. Your toe is looking great!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Thea said...

Which color Socketta did you get?

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Thea said...

To prevent ladders, I pull the first stitch of the next needle really tight and then after several rounds I pull the fabric a bit to work out the tension. They way I hold the set of needles also helps keep the gap between the previous and current needle small. I will try to take a picture this evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home