Sunday, May 21, 2006

Busy Weekend

I have been busy finishing another project that I designed. I think I am liking this designing thing :). It is a very simple shrug/capelet. I made it with leftover soy silk yarn from the Southwest Trading Company. I am hoping to have a picture and the pattern up tomorrow. I was also tickled to see my Ticker Tape Purse linked on Knitting Pattern Central's site. I love their site for free patterns and was so excited to see mine on there. So far there have been quite a few hits to the pattern page! I am also excited to be down to 8 days of school. My students and I are both very ready to be done for the summer. One last thing I'd like to recommend is seeing the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha". My BF got it for me and we watched it the other night. It was a beautifully done movie. Two thumbs up from me!

2 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger Allison said...

How exciting to have one of your patterns available to others on Knitting Pattern Central! Congrats! As to your question on felting - my only advice is to be sure the water is hot and check it often but it tends to take more time than you think. Also if you finish felting but you still want it smaller you can toss it in the dryer for a bit. That shrinks things pretty fast but what I like is that if you put it in the dryer for a bit then it doesn't take as long to dry when you're done. Can't wait to see your photos!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger lauriec said...

Kudos on getting your pattern linked!! I love their site too (one of my fave bookmarks!)

Thanks for the pattern---I made the bag & it's adorable! Here's the link to my blog & the pic!

http://knitwitarmywife.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home